Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Anki's Introduction

My name is Anki, I am a third-year student at University of Calgary majoring in East Asian Language Studies concentrated in Japanese and I am planning to apply into Master of Planning program.
I have been living in Canada since 2012, this is my seventh year in Canada. I always have a strong passion toward Japanese language and culture, hence I started taking Japanese courses at the university. I love watching Japanese anime, movies, and TV dramas, reading manga, and sometimes draw some anime characters by myself! When I have free time, I sometimes like to play games as well, but I watch more game videos than playing the games. I have watched a couple of Assassins Creed games, Resident Evil games, Outlast, and a lot of more. I love doing research on Japanese Youkai, and other monsters as well. My favorite monster-related stories are Cthulhu Myths. The stories are very fascinating, and the concept of Cthulhu Myths is completely different from any other myths. Its uniqueness attracted me into researching and reading the books. I have read some books which are written by Japanese writers. My favorite Japanese writers are Dazai Osamu and Akutagawa Ryunosuke. I have read their Ningen Shikkaku and Rashomon. I have a passion of learning languages; I can speak Chinese, English, Japanese and some German. I admire people who are multilingual, they can always communicate with more foreign people. Also, learning languages opens up my mind thus I could develop deeper thoughts as well as building up my confidence.
I am a big animal lover and I have two cats at home. To me, animals are the purest living creatures on earth. A lot of animals are now in danger because of human activities, therefore, I try to learn about wild animals’ lifestyle, habitats, etc. Even though I love animals, I am very scared of bugs and insects, but I do understand that they play a very important role in the nature and they are necessary to be there. My dream job is to become a veterinarian so that I can help not just house pets, but also other animals as well.
I am very shy and anxious around people that I do not know much. I am trying to build up my confidence and learn to talk with more people. I think this study group will help me to improve myself in person. Many of my friends have told me that when they initially met me, they thought I was a cold-hearted and careless person. However, I am the completely opposite, I care about my friends and I feel happy when they open up to me and talk to me. I love listening to people sharing their experiences. I hope during this trip, I would be able to express myself more in a foreign language. It will be super challenging but then again, I could break out of my comfort zone and try something different. I also would like to make new friends in Japan.
こんにちは、私はアンキと申します。私はカルガリー大学の三年生です。専攻は日本語です。今回のリサーチ、私は日本の入学試験について、お調べたいと思います。入学試験は日本人とって、人生一番重要な試験です。試験の成績はどんな大学に行くことを決めます。お楽しみにしています。

No comments:

Post a Comment